Designed exclusively for
Products & Services
- Agent features
- Insured features
- Forms and documents
Payment terms are available online and will default to those prearranged in your program with Pathward, fka AFS/IBEX. Alternate payment terms are available to credit qualified insureds and can be designed to fit your client’s needs. Simply contact Pathward to discuss the availability of optional repayment terms. Each policy’s underwriting provisions may impact payment terms depending on minimum earned premiums (MEP) and other policy conditions that influence the return of premium. Any additional information you provide about your insured helps us tailor a suitable pay plan which adds value to your client relationship. Contact your Pathward servicing team for any special financing requests. Pathward is committed to offering the best terms possible for well qualified insureds.
Agency responsibilities and beneficial information
- Communicate premiums, coverages and policy provisions impacting our collateral (return premium). Items such as insurance markets, MEP, days to cancel, effective date(s) including broken term policies, etc.
- Provide financial information where needed. Items such as audited financials, pro-forma, etc.
- Collect and process down payment
- Submit PFA for processing
- Disburse funds to market(s). Pathward, fka AFS/IBEX funds financed premiums to the agency unless requested otherwise
- Answer questions insureds might have regarding their premium financing
- Process endorsements and additional premiums
- In the event of cancellation, negotiate and expedite return of unearned premiums to Pathward
- In the event of policy audit, provide assistance to Pathward expediting the process
- Disburse return premiums from cancellation or credit endorsements to Pathward
Agency online features
- Instant Access to Account and Funding Information real-time 24/7
- Quote Additional Premium finance agreements online, whether an endorsement or new policy
- Real Time payment information – if your client makes a payment before 7:00 p.m. CST – you have the ability to see it same day
- Notice Availability Online – notices are retained within each account to print and send when needed
- Payment Options: Our e-Payment Wizard allows the agency to make payments online
- Return Premium payments can be made online via the e-Payment Wizard
- Live Chat support is available for quick access to customer service until 7:00 CST M-F
- Account payoff calculator is available online 24/7
- Renewal Interface - eliminates the need for duplicate entry on renewal financing
- Ability to E-Mail Invoices and notices to your clients whether one email address or multiple.
- ACH Debit payment document is available to print (prefilled) with the finance agreement for clients who want to have installments made via auto debit
- Our mobile access link providing agents the ability to access account information, make payments and much more via smartphones or tablets
Insured online features
- IVR - 24/7 Integrated Voice Response system with bilingual option
- Instant Access to Account 24/7
- Real Time payment information – payments made before 7:00 p.m. CST are posted and can be seen online the same day
- Payment Options - Insureds can access our e-Payment Wizard to make payments online by check or by credit card. Payment by phone or fax is also available.
- ACH Debit Payments - Insureds can arrange recurring auto payments online
- Notice Availability Online – Insureds can access all notices retained within each account to print when needed
- Email Invoices - both invoices and account notices can be emailed to one or multiple insured contacts
- Secure Login – Insureds receive login information with their Notice of Acceptance, then create their own protected password
- Our mobile access link provides insureds the ability to access account information, payment history, documents, and make payments via their smartphone or tablet
Pathward Insurance Premium Finance
- Established in 1986, Pathward Insurance Premium Finance has been providing insurance premium finance excellence to the marketplace for over 35 years.
- Pathward provides short term financing to facilitate the purchase of property, casualty, and liability insurance premiums for the commercial market. We are one of the 10 largest premium finance companies in the U.S. originating loans for commercial businesses through a network of agency partners and brokers across the nation and endorsed by 6 of the top 10 insurance agents/brokers in the United States.
- Pathward, N.A. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pathward Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:CASH), and was selected and participated as an authorized agent for distributing prepaid debit cards as part of the Economic Impact Program authorized by the U.S. Congress under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
- Built upon a foundation of exceptional Customer Service, the Pathward experience is hallmarked by proven stability, successful relationships, industry leading customer service, and the latest in available technology.
Benefits of premium financing
- Premium financing is a short-term loan provided to a commercial property and casualty client ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies for the purpose of paying insurance premiums. Clients have several options to pay for their insurance, such as cash or a company direct bill plan if available.
- When it comes to flexibility, a premium finance company loan typically provides the ultimate in creativity and flexibility with an array of payment plans and additional services designed with the customer in mind.
- Most premium finance loans do not require a background check and can be established in a very short amount of time compared to traditional credit loans. Premium financing with Pathward helps leverage a company’s cash flow, while giving the agency an opportunity to deliver their insureds a higher level of client service.
- Benefits to your insured include:
- Eliminates a large lump sum cash outlay up front
- Multiple policies can be included in one loan providing a single payment for all coverages
- The loan does not disturb the insured’s existing lines of credit so those funds can be used for other income producing opportunities
- Retained capital – again, insureds can retain a significant amount of capital
- Collateral - Insureds do not have to provide additional collateral. The underlying insurance policy is used as security for the loan
- Interest rates are typically less than those offered by standard commercial lending institutions
- Insured clients pay for their insurance as they use it
- Insureds can include this payment as part of their budgeting process
- Financing helps cash flow and expense allocation
- No pre-payment penalty fee for early payoff
- Payment due dates can be customized to fit specific cash flow or budgeting needs
- Benefits to the agency:
- Full commission is realized sooner than with carrier direct bill plans
- Eliminates accounting for and managing premium payments with agency bill
- More time to focus on insurance coverage and costs
- Additional value-added sales tool with finance options to the client
- Can create an additional revenue stream for the agency
- In summary …
Premium financing provides competitive rates on all types of commercial insurance policies for businesses and corporations of all sizes and in all industries. Spreading payments over an established period of time allows for better control of cash flow and frees up capital for other business opportunities. Your insurance agency benefits by delivering a reasonable payment option to your insureds while still realizing full commission. Your agency is seen in the eyes of your insured as a partner helping manage their business and gaining a client for a lifetime.